Lucky Jack will meet Santa
A SCHOOLBOY S wishes will come true on Saturday when he meets Santa and escorts him in a real Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car.
A SCHOOLBOY'S wishes will come true on Saturday when he meets Santa and escorts him in a real Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car.
Jack Kilcoyne, aged six, from Burnham was nominated by his family to win the chance to collect Father Christmas from Bristol Airport in time for his 10am grotto appointments at Sanders GardenWorld in Brent Knoll.
The Burnham Infants School pupil was chosen after writing a touching letter about coping with his life-threatening condition, hydrocephalus, an illness which causes pressure inside the brain.
Three years ago Jack was rushed to Frenchay Hospital in Bristol for emergency life-saving surgery to remove a 4cm lump from his brain. He underwent three more operations and now has a mechanical shunt permanently fitted to drain fluid.
You may also want to watch:
Staff at the garden centre have also created two VIP roles for runners up in the competition.
Tazmin West, aged seven, from Mark and Reece Horwood, aged four, from Bristol will help meet Santa at the airport.
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
Managing director Peter Burks said: "We feel these two deserve special treatment because they have also overcome some adversities in their young lives and remain positive and upbeat. Although they won't be riding with Santa to the garden centre, we will take them to the airport and they will travel in another vehicle behind Chitty as it arrives in Brent Knoll."
For more details about Santa's grotto call 01278 761111.