M5 closure causes traffic chaos
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Mayor delays are expected on many routes this morning following the overnight closure of the M5 following a serious accident.
The northbound carriage way was closed until just before 8am between junction 21 Weston-super-Mare and Junction 19 Portishead while emergency services investigated and cleared a crash involving an overturned vehicle.
Unconfirmed reports on social media claim the overturned vehicle is a police car.
Diversions were in place along the A370 and A38 with both roads still congested.
There are delays of up to 24 minutes along the A370 to Congresbury, and nine minutes on the A38 to Churchill.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is also backed up through Portbury.
One frustrated Commuter said: "Banwell is chocka from Locking. I'm on a bloody B road above Banwell and we are not moving."
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 7 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
Commuters are advised to plan their journeys accordingly.
More to follow.