Four-vehicle crash on M5 causing delays
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An incident involving four cars is causing long delays on the M5 this afternoon (Monday).
The incident occurred at 11.55am near junction 20 at Clevedon and there is 11 miles of queuing traffic between junction 20 and junction 21 (Weston-super-Mare).
The AA has also reported congestion at junction 22 (Burnham-on-Sea) northbound, with drivers expecting a minimum of 50 minutes of delays.
Traffic is also affected through the diverted routes of Congresbury, Cleeve and Backwell.
Delays of up to 40 minutes southbound are also expected.
You may also want to watch:
This story will be updated.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 8 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 9 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'
- 10 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural