Four-vehicle crash on M5 causing delays
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An incident involving four cars is causing long delays on the M5 this afternoon (Monday).
The incident occurred at 11.55am near junction 20 at Clevedon and there is 11 miles of queuing traffic between junction 20 and junction 21 (Weston-super-Mare).
The AA has also reported congestion at junction 22 (Burnham-on-Sea) northbound, with drivers expecting a minimum of 50 minutes of delays.
Traffic is also affected through the diverted routes of Congresbury, Cleeve and Backwell.
Delays of up to 40 minutes southbound are also expected.
You may also want to watch:
This story will be updated.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic