Four-vehicle crash on M5 causing delays
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An incident involving four cars is causing long delays on the M5 this afternoon (Monday).
The incident occurred at 11.55am near junction 20 at Clevedon and there is 11 miles of queuing traffic between junction 20 and junction 21 (Weston-super-Mare).
The AA has also reported congestion at junction 22 (Burnham-on-Sea) northbound, with drivers expecting a minimum of 50 minutes of delays.
Traffic is also affected through the diverted routes of Congresbury, Cleeve and Backwell.
Delays of up to 40 minutes southbound are also expected.
This story will be updated.
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 8 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask