Traffic delays on M5 following lorry accident at junction
- Credit: Highways England
Junction 21 of the M5 remains partly closed after a lorry shed its load.
The accident happened at about 10.40am, at the top of the southbound slipway exit, close to the A370 roundabout leading to Weston-super-Mare.
The southbound exit remains closed and traffic has been diverted to junction 22 (Burnham-on-Sea).
Traffic is almost at a standstill and there are delays of approximately 60 minutes, according to Highways England, between Burnham and Weston, with traffic conditions not expected to clear until 7.30pm.
Highways England says 'extensive' repairs to the crash barrier are required, following the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Bristol Road and routes around junction 22 are also busy due to the increased volume of traffic, with routes through Yatton and Congresbury particualrly affected.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 10 Uphill Castle run riot in Somerset League Cup