Traffic delays on M5 following lorry accident at junction
- Credit: Highways England
Junction 21 of the M5 remains partly closed after a lorry shed its load.
The accident happened at about 10.40am, at the top of the southbound slipway exit, close to the A370 roundabout leading to Weston-super-Mare.
The southbound exit remains closed and traffic has been diverted to junction 22 (Burnham-on-Sea).
Traffic is almost at a standstill and there are delays of approximately 60 minutes, according to Highways England, between Burnham and Weston, with traffic conditions not expected to clear until 7.30pm.
Highways England says 'extensive' repairs to the crash barrier are required, following the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Bristol Road and routes around junction 22 are also busy due to the increased volume of traffic, with routes through Yatton and Congresbury particualrly affected.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 8 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid