Police incident prompts M5 lane closure
- Credit: Archant
Severe delays are being experienced on the M5 after a police incident has closed a motorway lane this morning (Sunday).
Heavy traffic is building on the M5 northbound between junction 21 in Weston and junction 20 in Clevedon.
Highways England has confirmed police are conducting a search on the M5.
It is not yet clear why the search is being conducted.
Traffic is expected to return to normal between 12.30-12.45pm today.
You may also want to watch:
The Mercury has approached Avon and Somerset Constabulary for comment.
UPDATE: 12.09pm: The police incident has been cleared, but heavy traffic is still affecting the M5 northbound junctions.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 FA Cup: Weston AFC drawn to play Dorking Wanderers in third qualifying round