Police incident prompts M5 lane closure
- Credit: Archant
Severe delays are being experienced on the M5 after a police incident has closed a motorway lane this morning (Sunday).
Heavy traffic is building on the M5 northbound between junction 21 in Weston and junction 20 in Clevedon.
Highways England has confirmed police are conducting a search on the M5.
It is not yet clear why the search is being conducted.
Traffic is expected to return to normal between 12.30-12.45pm today.
You may also want to watch:
The Mercury has approached Avon and Somerset Constabulary for comment.
UPDATE: 12.09pm: The police incident has been cleared, but heavy traffic is still affecting the M5 northbound junctions.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Uphill Castle run riot in Somerset League Cup
- 10 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife