Magic table ‘changing lives’ of residents at Winscombe care home
- Credit: Archant
Innovative technology at a Winscombe care home has been changing the lives of residents.
Winscombe Hall Care Centre, in Winscombe Hill, has installed the new Tovertefel technology, known as a magic table.
The ground-breaking technology projects images and games onto a table which enables residents to interact.
The social interaction reduces apathy and supports positive emotional wellbeing.
The games also engage the residents in gentle muscle and joint movements which improve their suppleness and flexibility.
You may also want to watch:
Annie Cowell, from the Winscombe care centre, said: “Being able to sit and play with the residents is magic – it truly is a magic table.
“The table is a joy. We are very lucky to have this innovative technology at Winscombe Hall.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
“A big thank you to Mr Yilmaz who funded it – it is changing and improving the residents lives game by game.”