Magic table ‘changing lives’ of residents at Winscombe care home
- Credit: Archant
Innovative technology at a Winscombe care home has been changing the lives of residents.
Winscombe Hall Care Centre, in Winscombe Hill, has installed the new Tovertefel technology, known as a magic table.
The ground-breaking technology projects images and games onto a table which enables residents to interact.
The social interaction reduces apathy and supports positive emotional wellbeing.
The games also engage the residents in gentle muscle and joint movements which improve their suppleness and flexibility.
You may also want to watch:
Annie Cowell, from the Winscombe care centre, said: “Being able to sit and play with the residents is magic – it truly is a magic table.
“The table is a joy. We are very lucky to have this innovative technology at Winscombe Hall.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
“A big thank you to Mr Yilmaz who funded it – it is changing and improving the residents lives game by game.”