Major fire at Weston-super-Mare hotel site
- Credit: Archant
ABOUT 50 firefighters have worked throughout the night to extinguish a blaze at a derelict Weston-super-Mare hotel – the second major fire this week.
Avon Fire and Rescue Service were called at about 1.20am this morning (Friday) to the Lynton House Hotel in Madeira Road.
It was feared people were trapped inside, however everyone was accounted for. There are no details about any potential injuries at this stage.
A spokesman said the building was well alight when they arrived on site and found the fire had spread to a neighbouring building via the roof.
A fire service spokesman added: “At the height of the fire more than 50 firefighters were on scene with seven fire engines, a turntable ladder and supporting vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
“Eight firefighters in breathing apparatus used four 45mm jets and a high pressure hose reel to bring the fire under control.”
Crews remain on the scene this morning damping down and checking for hotspots.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 8 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
An investigation into the cause will follow.
However it is clear this morning to see the amount of damage sustained to buildings such as the disused Lynton House Hotel.
It is the second major fire in Weston following a suspected arson attack on flats in Beach Road on Tuesday.
* Have you got any pictures from the fire? If so email firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them to weston.iwitness24.co.uk