Major new restaurant plans move a step closer
WESTON businessmen planning to build a rotunda-shaped pizza restaurant on the seafront will submit a full planning application by the end of the month.
Alistair Mead, of Puxton Park and Mead Group, and Giulio Ellis, who owns women’s fashion store Ellis in Weston’s Waterloo Street, met with North Somerset Council planners on Thursday to go over the blueprint.
The duo will create a new company called The Square Pizza Ltd and their proposal is to develop and operate a two-storey building, offering a restaurant on the upper floor along with an ice cream parlour on the ground floor.
The eatery will be based at the site of the tourist information centre in Beach Road.
Alistair said: “We are really excited about the plans and are trying to move things on as quickly as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The proposal is to run the facility on a seven-day, year-round basis, offering a quality, seasonally-based menu and the developers aim to complete the work by 2012.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal