Major new restaurant plans move a step closer
WESTON businessmen planning to build a rotunda-shaped pizza restaurant on the seafront will submit a full planning application by the end of the month.
Alistair Mead, of Puxton Park and Mead Group, and Giulio Ellis, who owns women’s fashion store Ellis in Weston’s Waterloo Street, met with North Somerset Council planners on Thursday to go over the blueprint.
The duo will create a new company called The Square Pizza Ltd and their proposal is to develop and operate a two-storey building, offering a restaurant on the upper floor along with an ice cream parlour on the ground floor.
The eatery will be based at the site of the tourist information centre in Beach Road.
Alistair said: “We are really excited about the plans and are trying to move things on as quickly as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The proposal is to run the facility on a seven-day, year-round basis, offering a quality, seasonally-based menu and the developers aim to complete the work by 2012.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 7 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset