Weston man who tried to teach ‘girl’ to masturbate caught by police sting
- Credit: Archant
A Weston man who sent a picture of his penis and encouraged the girl to teach her eight-year-old sister to masturbate has been caught out by a police sting.
Terry Peake, aged 27, faces jail after admitting exchanging sexual messages with what he thought was a 14-year-old girl called Maisie - only to learn the person he shared his lurid fantasies with was actually an undercover police officer.
The defendant contacted the girl on social media using a fake profile, asking whether she had lost her virginity before encouraging her to perform sexual acts.
Posing as a 14-year-old boy, he also instructed Maisie to involve her younger sister in sexual activity before he was identified by police and arrested.
Peake, of Lonsdale Avenue, will be sentenced at Bristol Crown Court on June 14 after pleading guilty at North Somerset Courthouse on May 22 to charges of attempting to incite a girl aged 13 to engage in sexual activity involving the penetration of her vagina, sexual communication with a person under 16, and failing to disclose an electronic device to officers.
You may also want to watch:
May Li, prosecuting, said: "In this offence, Peake had been using a fake profile, purporting to be a 14-year-old boy from London. He was communicating with a girl called Maisie.
"The conversation turned to a sexual nature. He asked her if she was a virgin, and he taught her how to masturbate. He told her to teach her eight-year-old sister to masturbate.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
"He also sent her a picture of his penis - but Maisie was actually an undercover police officer and he was identified after also sending a picture of his face.
"He was already subject to a sexual offences prevention order.
"A Bush tablet was seized by police, and he gave them the password for that.
"The sentencing guidelines for this are two to six years' imprisonment."
Anna Blackmore, chair of the bench, told the court Peake's crimes merited a more severe sentence than magistrates can give.
She said: "We are committing you to Bristol Crown Court because the offences you are charged with need greater punishment than we can give.
"There has been no application for bail and we would not oppose the continued remand in custody."