Man air-lifted to hospital after inhaling chlorine gas

PUBLISHED: 11:49 21 July 2016 | UPDATED: 11:49 21 July 2016

Air ambulance

Air ambulance

Archant

A man was air-lifted to hospital after inhaling chlorine gas at his home yesterday (Wednesday).

The ambulance service was called at 6:57pm and the fire service was then called at 7:30pm to assist, including a specialist hazardous materials officer.

It has been revealed the 29-year-old man fell ill at his home in Kimber Close in Highbridge.

A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire told the Mercury: “We were called to the property in Highbridge at 7:30pm where paramedics were already on the scene attending the man who had inhaled fumes from chlorine tablets.

“He was then air-lifted to Southmead Hospital in Bristol.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury