Man arrested after assault in town centre alley
- Credit: Gareth Newnham
A man has been arrested after an injured man was found in a lane in Weston town centre.
Avon and Somerset police were called to King’s Lane at 9.30pm yesterday (Monday) after a member of the public found an injured man in the alleyway.
The man was taken to hospital for treatment but his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or serious.
The lane links links North Street with the Boulevard and a number of businesses in Orchard Street also back onto it.
Police cordoned off the alleyway this morning while they carried out their investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A 40-year-old man has been arrested on supspicion of committing grievous bodily harm.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police on 101 and quote reference number 5219087664.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'