Man arrested after assault in town centre alley
- Credit: Gareth Newnham
A man has been arrested after an injured man was found in a lane in Weston town centre.
Avon and Somerset police were called to King’s Lane at 9.30pm yesterday (Monday) after a member of the public found an injured man in the alleyway.
The man was taken to hospital for treatment but his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or serious.
The lane links links North Street with the Boulevard and a number of businesses in Orchard Street also back onto it.
Police cordoned off the alleyway this morning while they carried out their investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A 40-year-old man has been arrested on supspicion of committing grievous bodily harm.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police on 101 and quote reference number 5219087664.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 7 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 North Somerset Council pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown