Man arrested for murder after body found in garden
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of another man in Highbridge.
Avon and Somerset police were called to a property in the Edithmead Lane area at 2.30pm yesterday (Thursday) after concerns were raised over a man’s welfare.
Officers arrived at the scene and found a man’s body in the garden.
A 44-year-old man has been arrested and taken into custody.
Senior investigating officer DCI Mark Almond said: “I know this incident will be of great concern to the local community and I’d like to reassure people that a full investigation has been launched.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve informed the victim’s next of kin and will be giving them as much support as they need.
“A cordon is in place so we can carry out our enquiries at the scene and there’s likely to be a significant police presence in the area over the coming days.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
“Neighbourhood officers will be carrying out additional patrols and I’d urge anyone with concerns or worries to stop an officer and speak to them.
“We’d also appeal to anyone with information about the events leading up to the man’s death to call the Major Crime Investigation Team on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5220139224.”