Man arrested for murder after body found in garden
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of another man in Highbridge.
Avon and Somerset police were called to a property in the Edithmead Lane area at 2.30pm yesterday (Thursday) after concerns were raised over a man’s welfare.
Officers arrived at the scene and found a man’s body in the garden.
A 44-year-old man has been arrested and taken into custody.
Senior investigating officer DCI Mark Almond said: “I know this incident will be of great concern to the local community and I’d like to reassure people that a full investigation has been launched.
“We’ve informed the victim’s next of kin and will be giving them as much support as they need.
“A cordon is in place so we can carry out our enquiries at the scene and there’s likely to be a significant police presence in the area over the coming days.
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 3 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 4 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 5 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 6 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 7 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 8 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
- 9 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 10 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
“Neighbourhood officers will be carrying out additional patrols and I’d urge anyone with concerns or worries to stop an officer and speak to them.
“We’d also appeal to anyone with information about the events leading up to the man’s death to call the Major Crime Investigation Team on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5220139224.”