Man arrested for murder after body found in garden
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of another man in Highbridge.
Avon and Somerset police were called to a property in the Edithmead Lane area at 2.30pm yesterday (Thursday) after concerns were raised over a man’s welfare.
Officers arrived at the scene and found a man’s body in the garden.
A 44-year-old man has been arrested and taken into custody.
Senior investigating officer DCI Mark Almond said: “I know this incident will be of great concern to the local community and I’d like to reassure people that a full investigation has been launched.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve informed the victim’s next of kin and will be giving them as much support as they need.
“A cordon is in place so we can carry out our enquiries at the scene and there’s likely to be a significant police presence in the area over the coming days.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
“Neighbourhood officers will be carrying out additional patrols and I’d urge anyone with concerns or worries to stop an officer and speak to them.
“We’d also appeal to anyone with information about the events leading up to the man’s death to call the Major Crime Investigation Team on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5220139224.”