Man arrested for murder after body found in garden
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of another man in Highbridge.
Avon and Somerset police were called to a property in the Edithmead Lane area at 2.30pm yesterday (Thursday) after concerns were raised over a man’s welfare.
Officers arrived at the scene and found a man’s body in the garden.
A 44-year-old man has been arrested and taken into custody.
Senior investigating officer DCI Mark Almond said: “I know this incident will be of great concern to the local community and I’d like to reassure people that a full investigation has been launched.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve informed the victim’s next of kin and will be giving them as much support as they need.
“A cordon is in place so we can carry out our enquiries at the scene and there’s likely to be a significant police presence in the area over the coming days.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 5 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 8 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 9 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity
“Neighbourhood officers will be carrying out additional patrols and I’d urge anyone with concerns or worries to stop an officer and speak to them.
“We’d also appeal to anyone with information about the events leading up to the man’s death to call the Major Crime Investigation Team on 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5220139224.”