Man arrested after items thrown from town centre car park
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage after debris and glass was strewn across the town centre this morning (Thursday).
The man was arrested after items were thrown from a car park in Weston-super-Mare town centre.
A police spokesman said: “An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage.
“This relates to items that were thrown from a car park.
“The man is in custody.”
Parts of Regent Street and High Street were cordoned off while Avon and Somerset police dealt with the incident just after 7am.
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 10 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre