Man arrested after items thrown from town centre car park
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage after debris and glass was strewn across the town centre this morning (Thursday).
The man was arrested after items were thrown from a car park in Weston-super-Mare town centre.
A police spokesman said: “An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage.
“This relates to items that were thrown from a car park.
“The man is in custody.”
You may also want to watch:
Parts of Regent Street and High Street were cordoned off while Avon and Somerset police dealt with the incident just after 7am.
- 1 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 6 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
- 9 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 10 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations