Man arrested after stabbing in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a 26-year-old was stabbed in the leg in Weston-super-Mare yesterday (Monday).
Police were called to a property in Baker Street just after 6am following reports of a disturbance.
Officers found a man in his 20s with a stab wound to the leg.
A 35-year-old man was arrested at the scene and part of Baker Street and Swiss Road were cordoned off until 2pm while police carried out investigations.
A spokesman from Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: “We attended an address on Baker Street, Weston, following a call from a member of the public reporting a disturbance shortly after 6am on August 24.
You may also want to watch:
“On arrival a 26-year-old man from Weston was found to have a puncture wound to his leg and was taken to hospital. He has since been discharged.
“A 35-year-old man from Weston-super-Mare was arrested at the scene and remains in police custody.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
“A cordon was put in place affecting Baker Street and Swiss Road to facilitate an investigation. The scene was cleared shortly after 2pm.
“This is thought to be an isolated incident and enquiries are ongoing.”