Man arrested after stabbing in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a 26-year-old was stabbed in the leg in Weston-super-Mare yesterday (Monday).
Police were called to a property in Baker Street just after 6am following reports of a disturbance.
Officers found a man in his 20s with a stab wound to the leg.
A 35-year-old man was arrested at the scene and part of Baker Street and Swiss Road were cordoned off until 2pm while police carried out investigations.
A spokesman from Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: “We attended an address on Baker Street, Weston, following a call from a member of the public reporting a disturbance shortly after 6am on August 24.
“On arrival a 26-year-old man from Weston was found to have a puncture wound to his leg and was taken to hospital. He has since been discharged.
“A 35-year-old man from Weston-super-Mare was arrested at the scene and remains in police custody.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 5 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 6 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Council finances given auditors' approval
- 10 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
“A cordon was put in place affecting Baker Street and Swiss Road to facilitate an investigation. The scene was cleared shortly after 2pm.
“This is thought to be an isolated incident and enquiries are ongoing.”