Man arrested after stabbing in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a 26-year-old was stabbed in the leg in Weston-super-Mare yesterday (Monday).
Police were called to a property in Baker Street just after 6am following reports of a disturbance.
Officers found a man in his 20s with a stab wound to the leg.
A 35-year-old man was arrested at the scene and part of Baker Street and Swiss Road were cordoned off until 2pm while police carried out investigations.
A spokesman from Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: “We attended an address on Baker Street, Weston, following a call from a member of the public reporting a disturbance shortly after 6am on August 24.
You may also want to watch:
“On arrival a 26-year-old man from Weston was found to have a puncture wound to his leg and was taken to hospital. He has since been discharged.
“A 35-year-old man from Weston-super-Mare was arrested at the scene and remains in police custody.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 4 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 5 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 6 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 WIN: Tickets to Horrible Histories show at Weston theatre
“A cordon was put in place affecting Baker Street and Swiss Road to facilitate an investigation. The scene was cleared shortly after 2pm.
“This is thought to be an isolated incident and enquiries are ongoing.”