Man arrested after M5 stabbing near Weston
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with a stab attack near Weston on July 10.
A 26-year-old man was injured in the incident on the southbound slip road at Junction 21 of the M5.
The stabbing happened after a row erupted between the occupants of two vehicles.
A 42-year-old man from Birmingham has been arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent and is being held in custody for questioning.
The victim is in hospital with injuries that are not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: “The victim was a passenger in a car which had just exited the M5 at this junction and was at a set of traffic lights.
“A dispute then ensued with the driver of another car, following which the victim was stabbed.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
The police investigation into the incident is ongoing.