Man arrested after M5 stabbing near Weston
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with a stab attack near Weston on July 10.
A 26-year-old man was injured in the incident on the southbound slip road at Junction 21 of the M5.
The stabbing happened after a row erupted between the occupants of two vehicles.
A 42-year-old man from Birmingham has been arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent and is being held in custody for questioning.
The victim is in hospital with injuries that are not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: “The victim was a passenger in a car which had just exited the M5 at this junction and was at a set of traffic lights.
“A dispute then ensued with the driver of another car, following which the victim was stabbed.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 9 Inadequate care home responds
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
The police investigation into the incident is ongoing.