Man arrested after M5 stabbing near Weston
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with a stab attack near Weston on July 10.
A 26-year-old man was injured in the incident on the southbound slip road at Junction 21 of the M5.
The stabbing happened after a row erupted between the occupants of two vehicles.
A 42-year-old man from Birmingham has been arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent and is being held in custody for questioning.
The victim is in hospital with injuries that are not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: “The victim was a passenger in a car which had just exited the M5 at this junction and was at a set of traffic lights.
“A dispute then ensued with the driver of another car, following which the victim was stabbed.”
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Worle opticians wins award
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 9 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 10 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
The police investigation into the incident is ongoing.