Man arrested after M5 stabbing near Weston
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with a stab attack near Weston on July 10.
A 26-year-old man was injured in the incident on the southbound slip road at Junction 21 of the M5.
The stabbing happened after a row erupted between the occupants of two vehicles.
A 42-year-old man from Birmingham has been arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent and is being held in custody for questioning.
The victim is in hospital with injuries that are not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: “The victim was a passenger in a car which had just exited the M5 at this junction and was at a set of traffic lights.
“A dispute then ensued with the driver of another car, following which the victim was stabbed.”
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 10 Man jailed for filming women without their knowledge
The police investigation into the incident is ongoing.