Man arrested for possessing an imitation gun in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of possessing an imitation firearm in Weston-super-Mare.
Police were called out to the Diamond Batch area at around 5.20pm last night (Thursday) after concerns were raised for the welfare of a man in his 40s.
Officers cordoned off Worle Railway Station and Diamond Batch while they dealt with the incident.
Rail passengers were still able to catch the train to Bristol but people travelling from the city were unable to get off at Worle as the footbridge was closed.
Avon and Somerset police were on the scene for more than two-and-a-half hours.
You may also want to watch:
The man was detained by officers shortly before 8pm.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse