Man arrested for possessing an imitation gun in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of possessing an imitation firearm in Weston-super-Mare.
Police were called out to the Diamond Batch area at around 5.20pm last night (Thursday) after concerns were raised for the welfare of a man in his 40s.
Officers cordoned off Worle Railway Station and Diamond Batch while they dealt with the incident.
Rail passengers were still able to catch the train to Bristol but people travelling from the city were unable to get off at Worle as the footbridge was closed.
Avon and Somerset police were on the scene for more than two-and-a-half hours.
The man was detained by officers shortly before 8pm.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 6 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 9 Weston pub set for £190k revamp
- 10 Police seize up to £500k worth of cannabis at Weston property