Man arrested on suspicion of arson after fire at Weston ‘care premises’
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson after two people were rushed to hospital after a fire broke out last night (Saturday).
Avon Fire and Rescue Service were called to a ‘care premises’ in Victoria Park at 9.11pm after the fire broke out in the first floor bathroom.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary is investigating the cause of the fire after two people needed hospital treatment for smoke inhalation.
A police spokesman said: “We were called to reports of a fire at a property in Victoria Park at about 9pm last night.
“Occupants of the property were evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
“A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent and remains in police custody.”
A fire spokesman said: “Two fire engines from Weston Fire Station attended a call at a care premises in Victoria Park.”
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 8 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'
“They used breathing apparatus and high pressure hose reels to extinguish the fire in the first floor bathroom.
“The cause of the fire is under investigation.”