Man arrested on suspicion of arson after fire at Weston ‘care premises’
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson after two people were rushed to hospital after a fire broke out last night (Saturday).
Avon Fire and Rescue Service were called to a ‘care premises’ in Victoria Park at 9.11pm after the fire broke out in the first floor bathroom.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary is investigating the cause of the fire after two people needed hospital treatment for smoke inhalation.
A police spokesman said: “We were called to reports of a fire at a property in Victoria Park at about 9pm last night.
“Occupants of the property were evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
“A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent and remains in police custody.”
A fire spokesman said: “Two fire engines from Weston Fire Station attended a call at a care premises in Victoria Park.”
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
“They used breathing apparatus and high pressure hose reels to extinguish the fire in the first floor bathroom.
“The cause of the fire is under investigation.”