Man arrested over child sex allegations
A 53-YEAR-OLD man from Burnham has been arrested in connection with child sex allegations.
The man was arrested and questioned by police on January 5, and has since been released on bail pending further investigation.
The Mercury understands that the man was arrested with regards to assaults on four children under the age of 16.
At the moment, no charges have been made against the man, with the police investigation ongoing.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police said: “We can confirm that a 53-year-old man from Burnham has been arrested on suspicion of a sexual offence involving children.
You may also want to watch:
“An investigation has been launched. The man has been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Anyone with any concerns can contact us on 0845 456 7000.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences