Man assaulted in Clevedon
A CLEVEDON man was assaulted in an attempted robbery behind the town s rugby and football club on Friday night.
A CLEVEDON man was assaulted in an attempted robbery behind the town's rugby and football club on Friday night.
The 25-year-old was talking on his mobile phone in the lane which runs behind Clevedon United FC and Clevedon Rugby Club, between Kenn Road and Great Western Road, when he spotted a group of six-seven men wearing hooded tops.
He carried on walking, but was knocked to the ground and kicked by the men who demanded money.
No money was taken from him, but his mobile phone may have been stolen and the offenders then ran off in the direction of Kenn Road.
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at around 10pm and police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the attack, or has any information about the offenders, to come forward.
Police would also like to speak to anyone who was around the car park of the Barn Youth and Community Centre at the time.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 8 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 9 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 10 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'
The men involved are believed to be in their early 20s and were wearing hooded tops.
Anyone who can help is asked to call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.