Attempted robbery and assault in Grove Park
- Credit: Archant
A man was threatened at knife point by another man in Weston’s Grove Park.
Avon and Somerset police have released a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak with following an attempted robbery and assault on April 29.
A police spokesman said: “A 21-year-old man was threatened with a knife by a man on a bicycle who demanded his phone and wallet near to the toilets of Grove Park at approximately 7pm.
“The victim ran off but was pursued by the man who then punched him twice in the back of the head outside NatWest in High Street.
“When several members of the public came to the assistance of the victim, the offender began throwing rubbish bins in their direction.
You may also want to watch:
“The offender is described as aged in his late teens or early 20s, about 5ft 7ins tall, of skinny build and clean shaven, with dark brown or black wavy hair in a side parting. He wore a green T-shirt, grey shorts and flip flops.
“If you recognise the man in the CCTV image, or have any other information which could help, please call 101 and provide the call handler with the reference 5220093641.”
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown