Man, 60, dies after being hit by train
- Credit: Google
A man died yesterday (Thursday) after being hit by a train.
The man, aged 60, was struck on the line near West Huntspill at just after 1pm.
Paramedics attended, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Officers were called to the line in West Huntspill at 1.01pm on Thursday following reports of a man being struck by a train.
“Paramedics also attended and sadly the man, aged 60, was pronounced dead.
“The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
All lines running between Weston-super-Mare and Taunton were blocked as emergency services dealt with the incident, with some trains cancelled or delayed.
- 1 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 6 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 7 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 8 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 9 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
- 10 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze