Man, 60, dies after being hit by train
- Credit: Google
A man died yesterday (Thursday) after being hit by a train.
The man, aged 60, was struck on the line near West Huntspill at just after 1pm.
Paramedics attended, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Officers were called to the line in West Huntspill at 1.01pm on Thursday following reports of a man being struck by a train.
“Paramedics also attended and sadly the man, aged 60, was pronounced dead.
“The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
All lines running between Weston-super-Mare and Taunton were blocked as emergency services dealt with the incident, with some trains cancelled or delayed.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab