Man dies after New Year assault
A 24-YEAR-OLD man has died following an assault in Cheddar.
Police were called to a take away in the village at 2am on New Year’s Day following reports of an assault.
The police helicopter also attended the scene and a man, named locally as James Hewlett, was taken to Frenchay Hospital with serious head injuries but later died.
A 20-year-old man was arrested in connection with the incident.
Police are appealing for information and anyone who can help should call officers on 0845 456 7000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
You may also want to watch:
Detective inspector Guy Turner said: “We know there were people in the area at the time following New Year celebrations.
“It is imperative we speak to these people as they may have information that could be vital to this investigation.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 7 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s