Motorcyclist killed in crash on A370 in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died after colliding with a car in Weston-super-Mare yesterday (Sunday).
The man suffered fatal injuries in the crash on the A370 Somerset Avenue between the airport and West Wick roundabouts just before 3.30pm.
The man, who is yet to be formally identified, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two vehicles - a Mercedes car and an Aprilla motorcycle were travelling in the same direction, outbound from Weston towards junction 21 of the M5.
The motorcycle was in collision with the rear of the Mercedes and the rider seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist died shortly afterwards, despite emergency treatment.
Collision investigators examined the scene before the road was reopened at around 10pm.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Covid vaccines available at walk-in clinics
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has urged witnesses to come forward, with signs placed along the road calling on people who saw the crash to call the police.
Its spokesman said: "A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a collision with a car and sadly died at the scene.
"While no formal identification has taken place, his immediate next of kin have been informed.
"Anyone who saw the collision or who has any information which could help the investigation is asked to call 101, quoting reference number 5219201549."