Motorcyclist killed in crash on A370 in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died after colliding with a car in Weston-super-Mare yesterday (Sunday).
The man suffered fatal injuries in the crash on the A370 Somerset Avenue between the airport and West Wick roundabouts just before 3.30pm.
The man, who is yet to be formally identified, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two vehicles - a Mercedes car and an Aprilla motorcycle were travelling in the same direction, outbound from Weston towards junction 21 of the M5.
The motorcycle was in collision with the rear of the Mercedes and the rider seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist died shortly afterwards, despite emergency treatment.
Collision investigators examined the scene before the road was reopened at around 10pm.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 7 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has urged witnesses to come forward, with signs placed along the road calling on people who saw the crash to call the police.
Its spokesman said: "A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a collision with a car and sadly died at the scene.
"While no formal identification has taken place, his immediate next of kin have been informed.
"Anyone who saw the collision or who has any information which could help the investigation is asked to call 101, quoting reference number 5219201549."