Motorcyclist killed in crash on A370 in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has died after colliding with a car in Weston-super-Mare yesterday (Sunday).
The man suffered fatal injuries in the crash on the A370 Somerset Avenue between the airport and West Wick roundabouts just before 3.30pm.
The man, who is yet to be formally identified, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two vehicles - a Mercedes car and an Aprilla motorcycle were travelling in the same direction, outbound from Weston towards junction 21 of the M5.
The motorcycle was in collision with the rear of the Mercedes and the rider seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
The motorcyclist died shortly afterwards, despite emergency treatment.
Collision investigators examined the scene before the road was reopened at around 10pm.
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has urged witnesses to come forward, with signs placed along the road calling on people who saw the crash to call the police.
Its spokesman said: "A motorcyclist was seriously injured in a collision with a car and sadly died at the scene.
"While no formal identification has taken place, his immediate next of kin have been informed.
"Anyone who saw the collision or who has any information which could help the investigation is asked to call 101, quoting reference number 5219201549."