Man dies in car crash
- Credit: Archant
A man died in a fatal collision this morning (Wednesday).
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision between Axbridge and Cheddar in the early hours of the morning.
A single-vehicle collision, involving a green Ford Mondeo, occurred on the A371 at approximately 1.10am.
A 24-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. His family have been informed.
The road has been closed while the Collision Investigation Unit are on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
It is expected to be closed for some time and people are advised to avoid the area.
A police spokesman said: “We want to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision, or has dash cam footage, that could help our investigation.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 7 Inadequate care home responds
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'most caring and loving son'
“Anyone with information is asked to report it online or call 101 and give reference 5220137687.”