Man dies in car crash
- Credit: Archant
A man died in a fatal collision this morning (Wednesday).
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision between Axbridge and Cheddar in the early hours of the morning.
A single-vehicle collision, involving a green Ford Mondeo, occurred on the A371 at approximately 1.10am.
A 24-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. His family have been informed.
The road has been closed while the Collision Investigation Unit are on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
It is expected to be closed for some time and people are advised to avoid the area.
A police spokesman said: “We want to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision, or has dash cam footage, that could help our investigation.
- 1 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
“Anyone with information is asked to report it online or call 101 and give reference 5220137687.”