Pedestrian killed in lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has been killed in a crash in involving a lorry.
The man, who has not yet been named publicly by Avon and Somerset Constabulary, died in the fatal accident in Burnham-on-Sea on Friday afternoon.
A second person was seriously injured in the same crash.
Police want people who saw what happened to come forward with information.
A spokesman for the force said: “We’re appealing for witnesses following a fatal road traffic collision in Burnham on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
“A red lorry collided with two pedestrians and then struck a wall on Love Lane at approximately 4.20pm.
“One of the pedestrians, a man aged in his 50s, sadly died at the scene.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
“The other, a woman, sustained serious injuries in the incident and was taken to Southmead Hospital.
“The road was closed until 11pm to allow collision investigators to examine the scene.
“If you were in the area at the time and have information which might help our inquiry please contact the collision investigation team via 101, providing the call handler with the reference 5218276435.”