Pedestrian killed in lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has been killed in a crash in involving a lorry.
The man, who has not yet been named publicly by Avon and Somerset Constabulary, died in the fatal accident in Burnham-on-Sea on Friday afternoon.
A second person was seriously injured in the same crash.
Police want people who saw what happened to come forward with information.
A spokesman for the force said: “We’re appealing for witnesses following a fatal road traffic collision in Burnham on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
“A red lorry collided with two pedestrians and then struck a wall on Love Lane at approximately 4.20pm.
“One of the pedestrians, a man aged in his 50s, sadly died at the scene.
- 1 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 2 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 3 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 4 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 7 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 8 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 9 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
“The other, a woman, sustained serious injuries in the incident and was taken to Southmead Hospital.
“The road was closed until 11pm to allow collision investigators to examine the scene.
“If you were in the area at the time and have information which might help our inquiry please contact the collision investigation team via 101, providing the call handler with the reference 5218276435.”