Man dies in hospital after being on fire
- Credit: Google Street View
A man has died after being found on fire in Weston.
Police officers were called to a man on fire in Stradling Avenue on Wednesday at 9.28pm.
The man was rushed to Southmead Hospital in Bristol, but has since died.
The death is being treated as unexplained and police inquiries into the incident are ongoing.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "We were called by Avon Fire and Rescue Service at 9.28pm on Wednesday to a man on fire in Stradling Avenue, in Weston.
You may also want to watch:
"He was taken to hospital, but has since sadly died.
"The man's family have been informed and our thoughts are with them at this difficult time.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
"Due to recent police contact with the man, we are due to refer the incident to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.
"If you have any information in relation to this incident, please call 101 and reference Niche 5219228307."