Man dies in hospital after being on fire
- Credit: Google Street View
A man has died after being found on fire in Weston.
Police officers were called to a man on fire in Stradling Avenue on Wednesday at 9.28pm.
The man was rushed to Southmead Hospital in Bristol, but has since died.
The death is being treated as unexplained and police inquiries into the incident are ongoing.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "We were called by Avon Fire and Rescue Service at 9.28pm on Wednesday to a man on fire in Stradling Avenue, in Weston.
You may also want to watch:
"He was taken to hospital, but has since sadly died.
"The man's family have been informed and our thoughts are with them at this difficult time.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 6 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters
- 9 John Crockford-Hawley column: Rigged art will put Weston on the map
- 10 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
"Due to recent police contact with the man, we are due to refer the incident to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.
"If you have any information in relation to this incident, please call 101 and reference Niche 5219228307."