Man dies in hospital after being on fire
- Credit: Google Street View
A man has died after being found on fire in Weston.
Police officers were called to a man on fire in Stradling Avenue on Wednesday at 9.28pm.
The man was rushed to Southmead Hospital in Bristol, but has since died.
The death is being treated as unexplained and police inquiries into the incident are ongoing.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "We were called by Avon Fire and Rescue Service at 9.28pm on Wednesday to a man on fire in Stradling Avenue, in Weston.
You may also want to watch:
"He was taken to hospital, but has since sadly died.
"The man's family have been informed and our thoughts are with them at this difficult time.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
"Due to recent police contact with the man, we are due to refer the incident to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.
"If you have any information in relation to this incident, please call 101 and reference Niche 5219228307."