MAN escapes fire in Worle

A MAN from Worle has had a narrow escape after waking up to discover his house engulfed in flames.

A MAN from Worle has had a narrow escape after waking up to discover his house engulfed in flames.

The 36-year-old from Camberley Walk, who lives alone, fell asleep forgetting he had left a chip pan unattended in the kitchen.

He awoke to find a fire in the three-bedroomed detached house and immediately evacuated but in the process suffered burns to his head, hands and feet as well as smoke inhalation.

Fire fighters administered oxygen and paramedics took him to hospital.


You may also want to watch:


Two fire engines were required to tackle the blaze on Tuesday which caused damage to the ground floor and first floor.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus