Parents warned to be ‘vigilant’ after man follows teen girls home from school
- Credit: Archant
A warning has been issued to parents after a man was spotted following teenagers home after school.
Churchill Academy & Sixth Form advised parents and pupils to remain ‘vigilant’ after three teenage girls were followed home from the academy by a man in a small, grey hatchback.
An academy spokesman said: “We have been made aware of some suspicious behaviour near to school.
“A male in a dark-coloured small hatchback car (possibly a dark grey polo) drove at slow speed and followed a group of our students as they walked home in Churchill.”
The man, described as white and wearing a dark-coloured gillet, followed the girls along Front Street, in Churchill, on Tuesday afternoon at 4.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
He is described as being between 40 and 60 years old.
An Avon and Somerset Police spokesman said: “The school has issued a message to parents and the neighbourhood policing team is aware, however the man did not speak to the girls and no offences have been disclosed.”
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 5 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 8 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch