Man in hospital after gas explosion devastates house

PUBLISHED: 09:05 26 October 2011 | UPDATED: 14:00 26 October 2011

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

A GAS explosion at a house in Weston put a man in his 60s in hospital and caused a family living next door to be evacuated.

Two people were inside the house on Brean Down Avenue at the time of the fire at 7.45pm last night, both in their 60s.

A man was left with burns to his hands and face and had to be taken to hospital.

The detached property was left with severe structural damage and the family in the neighbouring house was evacuated by fire crews.

A portable butane gas heater is thought to have caused the explosion.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists