Man suffers stroke during match at Woodspring Stadium
- Credit: Archant
A football fan is in hospital after suffering a stroke during Weston Football Club’s game at the Woodspring Stadium on Saturday.
A season-ticket-holder was taken to hospital during the 70th minute of the Seagulls’ 2-0 win over Slough Town.
Supporters and club staff acted quickly to help the man before an ambulance arrived.
The man is being treated in Bristol, and the football club has praised the efforts of the people who helped him.
A spokesman said: “The club would like to place on record its thanks to the supporters present who offered brilliant immediate assistance and raised the alarm, along with the various members of match day staff who ensured the casualty was cared for until the arrival of an ambulance, which was able to have been called promptly.
You may also want to watch:
“The club passes on its very best wishes to the season ticket holder and his family and wishes for a speedy recovery.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Inadequate care home responds
- 4 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone