Man rushed to hospital after getting ‘stuck on railings’
- Credit: Google Maps
A man was rushed to hospital after getting ‘stuck on the railings’ in Weston-super-Mare yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).
Fire, ambulance and air ambulance crews responded to calls of a man getting trapped on railings by a skatepark in Aller Parade at around 4.30pm.
Two crews from Weston Fire Station attended the scene to rescue the male from the railings.
A spokesman said: "They rescued the male using hydraulic cutting equipment before leaving him in the care of ambulance colleagues.
An ambulance spokesman said: "We sent various resources to the scene, including an air ambulance crew.
You may also want to watch:
"A male patient was treated by our paramedics at the scene, and then transported by land ambulance to hospital for further care."
Great Western Air Ambulance Service also attended with a critical care doctor and two specialist paramedics in critical care on board.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 5 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week