Man rushed to hospital after getting ‘stuck on railings’
- Credit: Google Maps
A man was rushed to hospital after getting ‘stuck on the railings’ in Weston-super-Mare yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).
Fire, ambulance and air ambulance crews responded to calls of a man getting trapped on railings by a skatepark in Aller Parade at around 4.30pm.
Two crews from Weston Fire Station attended the scene to rescue the male from the railings.
A spokesman said: "They rescued the male using hydraulic cutting equipment before leaving him in the care of ambulance colleagues.
An ambulance spokesman said: "We sent various resources to the scene, including an air ambulance crew.
You may also want to watch:
"A male patient was treated by our paramedics at the scene, and then transported by land ambulance to hospital for further care."
Great Western Air Ambulance Service also attended with a critical care doctor and two specialist paramedics in critical care on board.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder