Man killed following lorry crash in North Somerset
- Credit: Adam Gasson
A police investigation has begun after a man died in an accident involving a lorry this morning (Friday).
The accident happened at about 10am in Station Road, in Congresbury and the air ambulance was called to the scene.
The road is closed between the Congresbury High Street junction and junction 21 of the M5 at Weston-super-Mare.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: “The man received treatment at the scene but sadly died shortly afterwards.
“The A370 remains closed between junction 21 of the M5 and the junction of Bristol Road/Smallway in the centre of Congresbury.
You may also want to watch:
“Motorists are advised to avoid the area and find alternative routes as this section of the A370 is likely to remain closed for some time while collision investigators carry out a detailed examination of the scene.
“Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 6 Winscombe show home crowned best in South West
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
“If anyone has any information to help collision investigators, please call 101, quoting log 0284 of today.”
First Bus is advising passengers to expect services to be affected as a result.
The A370’s closure means more vehicles are using the M5 and therefore motorists are advised to expect some delays on the motorway too.