Man left unconscious after attack in Weston bar
- Credit: Archant
A man was left a broken ankle and facial injuries after an assault in a Weston-super-Mare bar.
Police are investigating the assault which left a man unconscious in Yates, in Regent Street, on December 8.
The victim, who was in his 30s, was attacked in the bar at around 1am.
PC Olly Stokes said: "A man has walked up to the victim, who was stood just off the side of the dancefloor, punched him in the face, and then seemingly left.
"The victim fell to the ground, breaking his ankle and injuring his face.
You may also want to watch:
"The bar was very busy and from the CCTV there was clearly a lot of people nearby who should have witnessed the assault."
Avon and Somerset police would like to speak to a man who was spotted in the area at the time.
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 8 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 9 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 10 New headteacher for village first school
He is described as white, bald and believed to be aged in his 30s.
The man was wearing a white shirt and was said to have neck tattoos and an Eastern European accent.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call 101 and give the call-handler reference 5219286466.