Man left with head injuries after assault in Weston town centre
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s was left with a serious head injury after he was knocked to the ground by a man in Weston-super-Mare High Street last night (Monday).
Three men approached the victim outside the Playhouse at about 10.30pm.
One of the men pushed him to the ground causing him to hit his head on the floor which knocked him unconscious.
The victim was taken to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton where he is being treated for a serious head injury.
The offender, who is described as white and wearing a two-tone hoodie with the hood up, walked off in the direction of the Boulevard or Italian Gardens.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for information about the assault.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has information which could help officers with their inquiry, is asked to call 101 and provide the call handler with the reference 5220215041.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 7 Inadequate care home responds
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'most caring and loving son'