Man rescued from fire in Congresbury

PUBLISHED: 10:53 20 January 2019 | UPDATED: 10:53 20 January 2019

A man was rescued from a fire at a flat in Millennium Mews.

A man was rescued from a fire at a flat in Millennium Mews.


Firefighters forced their way into a flat in Congresbury and rescued a man from the burning building.

Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service were called to a property in Millennium Mews just after 1am last night (Saturday).

Callers had informed the fire service someone was inside the flat and crews from Yatton, Winscombe and Clevedon forced their way into the building.

The fire had started in the kitchen and filled the entire flat with smoke.

The male occupant was rescued from the property by firefighters.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury