Man rescued from toilet fire

PUBLISHED: 11:55 14 January 2012 | UPDATED: 12:01 16 January 2012

A cat has been rescued from the ground-floor flat

A cat has been rescued from the ground-floor flat

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS rescued a man after a fire started in a public toilet in Weston last night.

Two fire engines were called at 10.19pm to the toilet in Francis Fox Road.

One hose reel and two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus were used to put the fire out.

A man, believed to be in his 40s, was also rescued by firefighters, and he was treated for smoke inhalation.

A spokesman for Avon Fire and Rescue said the cause of the fire was thought to be deliberate, and the police are now investigating the incident.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists