Man taken to hospital after A370 crash
- Credit: Google Maps
A Weston-super-Mare road has been closed after an accident involving two vehicles this afternoon (Tuesday).
The A370 inbound between West Wick roundabout and airport roundabout has been closed after the road was blocked following a crash involving a car and a motorcycle.
Three police cars, a fire engine and ambulances have been spotted on the scene by witnesses and an air ambulance has also been called.
A police spokesman said: “Police were called just before 2pm on Tuesday 19 February to a report of a collision between a car and a motorcycle on the A370 heading into Weston.
“The road has been closed in both directions while emergency services deal with the incident.”
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is building around junction 21 of the M5 and over Flowerdown Bridge.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
A man has been taken to hospital by land ambulance following the accident.
An ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at 1.58pm about a road traffic incident, reportedly involving a motorbike, on the A370 in Weston.
“We sent various resources to the scene including two ambulance crews.
“A male patient has been transported by land ambulance to hospital.”