Police investigating ‘suspicious’ death in Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
A man has died in Wadham Street in Weston-super-Mare this evening (December 1) – Avon and Somerset Constabulary have confirmed.
Police have cordoned off the area and are treating the man’s death as ‘suspicious’.
An armed response vehicle was sent to the scene earlier today after a report of a man suffering a gunshot wound was received.
A spokesman for the police said: “At 5.12pm we were called to Wadham Street in Weston following the sudden death of a man.
“Armed officers were initially deployed to the scene after a report the man had sustained a gunshot wound, although on arrival this does not appear to be the case.
You may also want to watch:
“The man’s death is currently being treated as suspicious and a scene is in place to allow officers to carry out inquiries.”
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector