Man seriously injured in assault in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered multiple injuries in an assault in Weston-super-Mare in the early hours of Saturday.
Police were called to reports of a disturbance involving three men in the Ridgeway Avenue area at 12.07am.
A man in his 40s had received a number of injuries and was taken to hospital by paramedics, where he remains in a serious condition.
Officers are carrying out house-to-house enquiries and checking CCTV footage.
Detective Chief Inspector James Riccio from Avon and Somerset police said: “An investigation into what happened is underway and we’d urge anyone with information about what happened to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“A cordon remains in place while we carry out enquiries at the scene.
“Additional patrols will be carried out by our neighbourhood teams. As ever, our patrol officers will be happy to answer any concerns the public may have about this incident.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 New leadership team for charity
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call 101 and give the call-handler reference 5220140603, or report it online at www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/report
Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111.