Man killed after being struck by car named by coroner
- Credit: Archant
A man who died from his injuries after being hit by a car on the A38 has been named.
Jeffrey Smith, aged 39, of Highbridge sustained fatal injuries after a collision at Brent Knoll on September 17 at around 5am.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The A38 northbound, near junction 22 of the M5, was closed in both directions following the incident for around five hours until noon the same day.
Senior Somerset coroner, Tony Williams, said: "The inquest presently stands as adjourned, pending further statements and reports becoming available."
You may also want to watch:
Avon and Somerset Constabulary officers would like to hear from anyone who saw someone walking in the area in the early hours on September 17.
Anyone with any information is asked to get in touch with the police at www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact or by calling 101 quoting reference 5219214529.
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 10 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant