Man suffers fractured cheek bone in New Year’s Day assault in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A 39-year-old man suffered a fractured cheek bone after he was assaulted in Weston-super-Mare on New Year’s Day.
The victim was punched to the floor by a man who then kicked him in the face.
The man required surgery after the assault and police have released an image of his injuries to appeal for people to come forward.
The incident happened in Regent Street between 12.15am and 1am on New Year’s Day.
Officers from Avon and Somerset police are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or saw the victim on New Year’s Eve.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing black trousers or jeans with a black waist-length coat.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote reference number 5219000881.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
You can also contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 via their anonymous online form.