Man suffers fractured cheek bone in New Year’s Day assault in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A 39-year-old man suffered a fractured cheek bone after he was assaulted in Weston-super-Mare on New Year’s Day.
The victim was punched to the floor by a man who then kicked him in the face.
The man required surgery after the assault and police have released an image of his injuries to appeal for people to come forward.
The incident happened in Regent Street between 12.15am and 1am on New Year’s Day.
Officers from Avon and Somerset police are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or saw the victim on New Year’s Eve.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing black trousers or jeans with a black waist-length coat.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote reference number 5219000881.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Will garden village be revived?
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
You can also contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 via their anonymous online form.