Man suffers fractured cheek bone in New Year’s Day assault in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A 39-year-old man suffered a fractured cheek bone after he was assaulted in Weston-super-Mare on New Year’s Day.
The victim was punched to the floor by a man who then kicked him in the face.
The man required surgery after the assault and police have released an image of his injuries to appeal for people to come forward.
The incident happened in Regent Street between 12.15am and 1am on New Year’s Day.
Officers from Avon and Somerset police are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the incident or saw the victim on New Year’s Eve.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing black trousers or jeans with a black waist-length coat.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote reference number 5219000881.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 5 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 6 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
You can also contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 via their anonymous online form.