Man treated by paramedics after carbon monoxide poisoning

PUBLISHED: 09:14 03 February 2017 | UPDATED: 09:15 03 February 2017

Archant

A man had to be checked over by paramedics after being exposed to ‘high levels’ of carbon monoxide in a house.

Fire crews from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS) were called to Lippiatt Lane in Shipham at 10.19pm last night (Thursday).

They were called after a carbon monoxide detector was triggered and readings were taken which showed the presence of the odourless poisonous gas.

A DSFRS spokesman said teams from Cheddar and Burnhamn-on-Sea attended the scene.

They added: “An ambulance was requested to attend due to one male casualty being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide.

“Crews isolated the wood burning stove which was the cause of the carbon monoxide, and ventilated the property.”

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists