Manure to raise cash for dogs
SELLING manure to raise dosh for dogs is the unusual fund-raising idea a Somerset couple had. Sue and Alan Badnell, who live off the A38 in Tarnock, bag up rotted sheep manure in exchange for donations to Guide Dogs for the Blind. For more on this sto
SELLING manure to raise dosh for dogs is the unusual fund-raising idea a Somerset couple had.
Sue and Alan Badnell, who live off the A38 in Tarnock, bag up rotted sheep manure in exchange for donations to Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Sue, aged 65, pictured above, says she has always loved animals and started fund-raising while living in Reading.
The retired teacher said: “We have had sheep for about 18 years and have always had dogs. When I was teaching in Reading the school children raised £3,000 for animal charities.
You may also want to watch:
“We moved to Devon after that and then Somerset seven years ago and now keep Hampshire Down sheep, as they are really easy to look after. We sell the sheep manure to raise money.”
But Sue and Alan, aged 66, now want to sell their sheep and see the world with their new labrador puppy Lucy. Sue added: “We will still be selling manure for a while but when we have a puppy passport for Lucy we want to travel.”
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 6 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers
To bag a bargain and grab a bag of manure, or to find out details about purchasing a sheep, call Sue on 01934 750355.