Marco launches ‘perfect combination’ at theclub
- Credit: Archant
Internationally-renowned chef Marco Pierre White was in North Somerset this week, to launch the first restaurant in his new ‘ultra-casual’ dining concept.
Bardolino Pizzeria Bellini and Espresso Bar is named after the home town of Marco’s mother, and is now open at theclub at Cadbury House, in Congresbury.
The new eatery features an all-day express menu of authentic Italian food, coffees and Bellinis. It has a distinct rustic feel and its eclectic furniture mix, coupled with the magnificent views across the North Somerset countryside, is said to give diners a real sense of being in Italy.
Marco said: “A lot of today’s restaurant habits are about casual dining, so casual spaces are really important. I like casual and I like affordable and that is what you get with Bardolino.
“The most important aspect of any restaurant is the environment. The lighting, the music, the staff all play their part. Food is almost fourth on the list.
You may also want to watch:
“Bardolino is all about simple, authentic Italian food. It’s recognisable dishes served in a comfortable and relaxed setting.”
Jason Eaton, general manager at theclub, said: “It was great to have Marco here to launch this new restaurant. It is a brand that is very close to his heart and we’re sure it’s going to be a hit.
- 1 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 6 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
“The concept is designed to offer a fresh alternative, where authentic, uncomplicated food served promptly is the norm.
“The interior is vibrant and a little bit quirky, with the décor reflecting both old and new. Add the stunning views of North Somerset countryside, and we’ve got the perfect combination.”