Oldest Irish person living in UK celebrates 110th birthday at Somerset care home
- Credit: Priory Court Care and Nursing Home
The oldest Irish person living in the UK has celebrated her 110th birthday at Priory Court Care and Nursing Home.
Staff and residents at Priory Court, in Burnham, hosted a tea party to mark Margaret Reed’s milestone birthday, who was born on April 20, 1910 in Ireland.
Home Manager, Angela Madden, said: “Margaret has lived with us at Priory Court for five years and is very much part of the family here.
“She is a remarkable lady, very independent and active – 110 years old is a truly extraordinary milestone age to reach and we wish her a very happy birthday.”
The coronavirus lockdown did not stop Margaret sharing her birthday with her family, who spoke to her via video and phone calls throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret said ‘not drinking alcohol, plenty of fresh air, keeping busy and my religious beliefs’ is the secret behind her living to such a great age.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again