Charity thanks its volunteers with tea and cakes in Congresbury
- Credit: Archant
Marie Curie volunteers were welcomed to a Congresbury venue for tea and cakes.
The event, at the Cadbury Garden Centre, in Smallway, was to thank the supporters who live across North Somerset.
Marie Curie supports people living with terminal illness and their families.
Helen Isbell, community fundraiser for North Somerset said: "It's fair to say that Marie Curie wouldn't be able to provide such outstanding care and support to people living with a terminal illness without the support of their fundraisers and volunteers.
"We are extremely grateful to have such dedicated volunteers in North Somerset who do so much to support us.
You may also want to watch:
"We wanted to set time aside to show them just how much we appreciate their support.
"It was a lovely morning with volunteers enjoying tea and cake.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
"Saying thank you in this way is the least we can do."