Charity thanks its volunteers with tea and cakes in Congresbury
- Credit: Archant
Marie Curie volunteers were welcomed to a Congresbury venue for tea and cakes.
The event, at the Cadbury Garden Centre, in Smallway, was to thank the supporters who live across North Somerset.
Marie Curie supports people living with terminal illness and their families.
Helen Isbell, community fundraiser for North Somerset said: "It's fair to say that Marie Curie wouldn't be able to provide such outstanding care and support to people living with a terminal illness without the support of their fundraisers and volunteers.
"We are extremely grateful to have such dedicated volunteers in North Somerset who do so much to support us.
You may also want to watch:
"We wanted to set time aside to show them just how much we appreciate their support.
"It was a lovely morning with volunteers enjoying tea and cake.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 New principal appointed at academy
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
"Saying thank you in this way is the least we can do."