Marine Cove make-over
SEDGEMOOR District Council has applied for Heritage Lottery funding to transform Marine Cove in Burnham.
Sedgemoor District Council has applied for Heritage Lottery funding to transform Marine Cove in Burnham.
Plans are to modernise Marine Cove by replacing the boarded up shelters and pool, putting up a new fountain, raising the flowerbeds and restoring stonework.
The project will cost over £588,000 and, if the council is successful, the money would pay for 75 per cent of the development cost. The council would then have to raise the remaining 25 per cent.
Burnham and Highbridge Town Council has agreed to give £5,000 a year for the next two years to help with costs.
You may also want to watch:
A Sedgemoor District Council spokesperson said: "We have put together quite a comprehensive proposal and hope to get about £500,000. We are confident it is a quality bid.
"The Heritage Lottery fund is looking to fund smaller projects like ours. It is an interesting garden, with lots of potential. If we get the funding it will benefit tourism in the area and we hope to also put events on in the garden as well."
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Jon Sevink from The Levellers to perform in Weston park
- 8 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 9 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 10 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
If the council is successful in its application it hopes to have it completed by 2011.