Marine Lake flasher handed suspended sentence
- Credit: citizenside.com
A Weston man who exposed himself to several women on Weston seafront in August has been given an 18-month suspended prison sentence.
Adrian Marsland, of Knightstone Causeway, was found guilty of two counts of exposing his genitals at North Somerset Courthouse on October 30, as previously reported by the Mercury.
The 24-year-old ‘Marine Lake flasher’ who was called ‘a disgusting pervert’ by one witness, approached, and then followed three women with his genitals exposed near Marine Lake on the morning of August 8.
One witness that must remain anonymous for legal reasons said: “He must have been aware it was out. He was happily marching along and smirking.”
Marsland was sentenced to 10 weeks in prison, suspended for 18 months due to the seriousness of the crime at North Somerset Courthouse on November 21.
You may also want to watch:
He was ordered to pay £775 costs, a £115 victim surcharge and sign on to the sex offenders register for seven years.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 5 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 6 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters