Marine Lake flasher handed suspended sentence
- Credit: citizenside.com
A Weston man who exposed himself to several women on Weston seafront in August has been given an 18-month suspended prison sentence.
Adrian Marsland, of Knightstone Causeway, was found guilty of two counts of exposing his genitals at North Somerset Courthouse on October 30, as previously reported by the Mercury.
The 24-year-old ‘Marine Lake flasher’ who was called ‘a disgusting pervert’ by one witness, approached, and then followed three women with his genitals exposed near Marine Lake on the morning of August 8.
One witness that must remain anonymous for legal reasons said: “He must have been aware it was out. He was happily marching along and smirking.”
Marsland was sentenced to 10 weeks in prison, suspended for 18 months due to the seriousness of the crime at North Somerset Courthouse on November 21.
You may also want to watch:
He was ordered to pay £775 costs, a £115 victim surcharge and sign on to the sex offenders register for seven years.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset