PICTURES: Hundreds flock to ‘successful’ village harvest home luncheon
- Credit: Archant
Families had their fill of delicious meats and sumptuous salads at Mark Harvest Home’s impressive luncheon on Saturday.
The event boasted produce from the West Country, and the harvest home has been running in the village for more than 100 years.
Heavy rain and strong wind threatened to cancel the event, but organisers pushed on and saw a healthy turn-out for the sit-down meal.
A spokesman for the luncheon said: "What a wonderful and successful Mark Harvest Home.
"Thank you to everyone who attended or helped at the event, roll on next year - which will be even bigger and better."
You may also want to watch:
This year's guest speaker was Dr Steven Chinn, who specialises in dementia and helped to form Mark College before selling it 12 years ago.
A thanksgiving service was held by The Rev Phillip Arden at the village church and an evening dance rounded-off the harvest home celebrations.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village