Author ‘proud’ to have published first book
- Credit: Archant
An author is ‘proud’ to have published her first book.
Lauren Campbell, of Mead Vale, has self-published Rise Above, a romantic drama about Lily Rocke, who moves to a small town in America.
Forcing her to face not only her fears and anxieties, but also to trust her heart, Lily must Rise Above to overcome her emotions.
Lauren, who has dyslexia, said writing was 'nerve-wrecking' but she hopes to publish more books.
She said: "I love books and read all the time, so I thought 'why don't I give it a go?'
You may also want to watch:
"I began writing in my spare time and my husband really pushed me on, having dyslexia is an extra hurdle I had to overcome.
"I did not tell any of my family I was writing and it was all nerve-wrecking but I am so pleased and proud to have published it, my aim is to write three more books in this series."
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
Rise Above is available to buy on Amazon as a paperback or Kindle version.