Author ‘proud’ to have published first book
- Credit: Archant
An author is ‘proud’ to have published her first book.
Lauren Campbell, of Mead Vale, has self-published Rise Above, a romantic drama about Lily Rocke, who moves to a small town in America.
Forcing her to face not only her fears and anxieties, but also to trust her heart, Lily must Rise Above to overcome her emotions.
Lauren, who has dyslexia, said writing was 'nerve-wrecking' but she hopes to publish more books.
She said: "I love books and read all the time, so I thought 'why don't I give it a go?'
You may also want to watch:
"I began writing in my spare time and my husband really pushed me on, having dyslexia is an extra hurdle I had to overcome.
"I did not tell any of my family I was writing and it was all nerve-wrecking but I am so pleased and proud to have published it, my aim is to write three more books in this series."
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
Rise Above is available to buy on Amazon as a paperback or Kindle version.