Author ‘proud’ to have published first book
- Credit: Archant
An author is ‘proud’ to have published her first book.
Lauren Campbell, of Mead Vale, has self-published Rise Above, a romantic drama about Lily Rocke, who moves to a small town in America.
Forcing her to face not only her fears and anxieties, but also to trust her heart, Lily must Rise Above to overcome her emotions.
Lauren, who has dyslexia, said writing was 'nerve-wrecking' but she hopes to publish more books.
She said: "I love books and read all the time, so I thought 'why don't I give it a go?'
You may also want to watch:
"I began writing in my spare time and my husband really pushed me on, having dyslexia is an extra hurdle I had to overcome.
"I did not tell any of my family I was writing and it was all nerve-wrecking but I am so pleased and proud to have published it, my aim is to write three more books in this series."
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers
Rise Above is available to buy on Amazon as a paperback or Kindle version.